Today’s article is a guest post written by Abu Bah of http://menshaircuts.co/. Make sure to check out his website and recommend it to all of the men in your life. Thank you so much for reaching out and writing this article!
*Note: All of the product recommendations were by me.
It’s a new year, filled with new trendy hairstyles, including latest medium hairstyles for men and women. Upgrading your hair’s look requires no commitment though and is a quick and easy process if you know what you’re doing. Check out these pictures for 5 of the latest hair trends for 2015 (in no particular order), including upcoming spring and summer styles.
The bedhead has recently become softer, easier to wear and more romantic than when it first became popular. Start with damp, towel-dried hair and then apply a volumizer through your hair while placing focus on the roots. I recommend the Aussie Real Volume Styling Mousse. Blow-dry until your hair is almost completely dry, tousling the hair with only your hands as you do so to achieve that natural, slightly unfinished look. Continue reading Spring 2015 Hair Trends
Winter can be so harsh on your hair, skin, and nails so I found five-star beauty products that will help you survive the cold weather.
Also, I want to post a lot more in the Class Act section, where I post pictures of people’s outfits and recreate them, so email me your OOTDs for a chance to be featured on my blog! You can reach me at: email@example.com and make sure to include a link to your blog if you want me to feature it, your first name, and any other information you would like me to include in the post (e.g, the college you attend or your job). I can’t wait to see what y’all send me!
1) The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisturizer
Dry skin is probably the most common complaint in the winter. This will
2) Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
3) L’oreal Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask
4) Nailtiques Oil Therapy
Many people forget to take care of their nail in the winter, oil therapy and cuticle cream will keep your nail from getting brittle. Continue reading Winter Beauty Essentials
Here are my top fashion and beauty resolutions! Leave requests for future articles below and let me know if you are going to try any of these.
My giveaway ends Wednesday so check it out!
1) Clean Out and Organize Your Closet so You can Make the Most of What You Have
My Top Product Picks:
1) Hanger Holder
Organization Store, $19.97
All of my spare hangers always end up in a jumbled mess so this would be very convenient!
2) Scarf Organizer
High Fashion Home, $14.99
This is just too cute and adds will add a little sass and personality to your closet.
3) Multi- Tier Skirt/Pants Hanger
As a college student making the most of space is crucial. I love these to hang up all of my skirts and pants; they save so much room!
If you are a pack-rat like me and have a hard time deciding what items you should keep and which ones you should get rid of try turning all of your hangers the wrong direction and whenever you wear an item turn it the right direction. After a year (or whatever time period you choose) get rid of any items that are still facing backwards.
Also, a lot of clothes don’t fit me right so I end up with a lot of items I like but that need altering so now is the perfect time to get that done! I’m going to try to avoid buying clothes that need altering this year unless they are for a special event but that is easier said than done since I am so petite. Continue reading Fashion and Beauty New Year’s Resolutions to up Your Style Game
In honor of the Hunger Games movie: Mocking Jay Part 1 coming out recently I have put together a couple of Katniss inspired looks.
Outfit 1: Hunting in woods
Hair Ties, Nail Polish, Graphic Tee, Boots, Necklace, Jacket, Jeans
This look is very casual and perfect for a non-girly girl who still wants to look put together. I added a graphic tee instead of a plain one to spice up the look a little. Continue reading Hunger Games Inspired Fashion
This look is so perfect for summer. It looks casual even though I am wearing heels and the braid is easy to do. The original dress was from Rue 21, the vest is by Self Esteem, and you can buy the exact necklace here and the exact heels here.
For my hair, I just did a simple fishtail braid leaving out a few of the shorter layers of the front and curling them. I took a piece of fabric I had and wrapped it around the end, forming a bow.
Continue reading OOTD: Floral Dress and Green Vest
Today I’m wearing a casual t-shirt and maxi. I didn’t get any good pictures of the back, but the t-shirt actually has a pretty lattice cut out design. The maxi has two slits which shows off my black mini wedges.
Exact shirt (only $4.97 right now!) Exact skirt, Exact wedges (also on sale right now) and a similar necklace:
Continue reading OOTD: Casual Maxi and T-shirt
1) If you have straight hair like me I recommend curling it first. I curled mine with a straightener because it’s faster than a regular curling iron. I curl my hair so it has more grip and pieces that fall out look better when they are curled. You don’t have to curl every piece or curl it perfectly since you won’t see most of the curls. It just gives your hair more texture and grip.
2) Goody spin pins are great if you have a hard time if you have a lot of layers or straight, slippery hair. They by no means hold all of my hair up by itself (I have thick, straight hair with a lot of layers), but they definitely help. You can buy them for only a couple of dollars at Target.
I like the spin pins better than the sock bun holders because I want the bun to look a little messy and my layers just slip right out of the sock buns.
3) If you have bangs or short layers in the front leave them and slightly curl them. Also pull a few random pieces in the back of your bun out if it doesn’t look messy enough.
4) Put in any other bobby pins you need to hold the bun up and lightly hairspray it to keep it in place all day.